Friday, December 16, 2011

A Friday off ...

So I had today off from my paying job.  I don't ever really consider myself off work because I have a husband, son and house to take care of too.  But today was the first Friday I have had off since the end of June.  I forgot just how messy traffic is on a Friday at lunch time, especially during the Christmas season!  

I did get to have a little fun because I met my sister Debbie at Joanns because I was out of fusible interfacing.   I always think I have yards and yards of the stuff in my drawer, but when I go to make a handbag I find myself piecing together scraps to make it work.   Thank goodness its fusible!   After Joanns, we then made a little jaunt over to Kirklands and the Christian bookstore.   I'm pathetic though, just those three stores and I was exhausted!

George and I started cleaning downstairs and are starting to be able to turn our downstairs into "normal."  We still can't put the dishes away in the hutch because they forgot to paint the baseboards behind the hutch....but otherwise, downstairs is "finished" construction wise.  Now I just have to load books on bookshelves and hang pictures.  The upstairs is coming along quite nicely too.  The new banisters are in the stairwell and the stairwell has been painted.  The vanities are in, but the countertops and sinks are not.  That should happen on Monday.   And then on Wednesday, the carpet guy should start ....and the plan is that all should be finished by Friday, December 23rd.   It will be great to actually put my cosmetics in a drawer instead of hauling them from bedroom to bathroom. 

Tonight in celebration of the fact that George and I had a Friday off together, we are making homemade pizza....George asked for chicken, tomato and feta pizza.   The dough is ready and waiting... I can't wait!  Pictures of the sewing/handbags and construction to come.   Can't post too many pictures or it will spoil Christmas surprises... 8 more days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment